This office is responsible for maintaining all minutes and records of Borough Council proceedings, preserving and compiling all ordinances and resolutions, issuing applications for raffles & bingo, soliciting/vendor permits, limousine permits, landlord/tenant registration, OPRA forms, election information & voter registration forms, current agendas and monthly calendar of events.
Core Duties of the Municipal Clerk:
- Act as secretary to the municipal corporation and custodian of the municipal seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts, and archival records of the municipal corporation;
- Act as secretary to the Governing Body, prepare meeting agendas at the discretion of the governing body, be present at meetings of the Governing Body, retain the original copies of all ordinances, resolutions and minutes;
- Serve as the chief administrative office in all elections held in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes;
- Serve as the chief registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Serve as the administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of various licenses and permits.
- Serve as coordinator and records manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Title 47 of the Revised Statutes.
- Perform such other duties as are now or hereafter imposed by statutes, regulation or by municipal ordinance or regulation.