Tax Collector Duties:
- The Tax Collector is responsible for the collection of Property Taxes and water and sewer charges.
- The Tax Collector is also the Tax Search Official.
- The Hopatcong Tax Collector’s office acts as Central Cashier, collecting fees and payments from all other departments, except for the court.
- Fire Prevention / Carbon Monoxide inspection applications must also be acquired from the Tax Collector’s office.
2017 Tax Rate:
Property Tax Reimbursement Program
- County Tax - 0.603
- Library Tax - 0.038
- County Health Tax - 0.000
- County Open Space - 0.003
- School Tax - 1.734
- Municipal Tax - 0.932
- Municipal Open Space - 0.001
- Total - 3.311
- 1-800-882-6597 To Check On Status
- 1-877-225-1312 To Ask Questions
- 1-800-323-4400 To Order An Application
Homestead Rebate Program:
- 1-877-658-2972 to file by phone
- 1-888-238-1233 to ask questions